Padepokan Pencak Silat Indonesia (PnPSI) is a padepokan with national and international scale, located on a land area of about 5,2 hectares width in the complex of The Miniature Park of Beautiful Indonesia. The total width of its buildings is about 8.700 meters square and the total width of its open verandas is about 5.000 meters square. This padepokan was officially opened by President Soeharto on April the 20th, 1997.
Padepokan Pencak Silat Indonesia has at least 5 functions, that is :
1. As a center for information, education, presentation and promotion of various things relating with Pencak Silat. 2. As a center of various activities relating to the efforts of perpetuating, developing, disseminating and increasing the image of Pencak Silat and its values. 3. As a means for strengtheing the union and the unity of the Indonesian Pencak Silat community.
4. As a means for tightening friendship among Pencak Silat communities in various countries. 5. As a means to socialize the two codes of conduct of Pencak Silat men, that is : “Prasetya Pesilat Indonesia” and “Ikrar Pesilat”.
The architecture of the buildings and various adornments of Padepokan Pencak Silat Indonesia were dig up from the local culture of Indonesia in general without specification on certain local culture as a reflection of the slogan of bhinneka tunggal ika, meaning unity in diversity.
The physical planning of the buildings puts in global and modern elements as a reflection of the potential of Pencak Silat to follow the global and age development.
1. Pendopo Agung, meaning exalted front veranda. It is a place provided for receiving and paying homage to VIP guests of the padepokan.
2. Pondok PERSILAT, meaning the cottage of PERSILAT. This 2 floors building is used for the office of the CB of PERSILAT.
3. Pondok IPSI, meaning the cottage of IPSI. In this 2 floors building, the office of the CB of IPSI located on the first floor and the office of the Jakarta Area Board of IPSI located on the ground floor.
4. Pondok Pustaka, meaning the cottage of library and museum. In this 3 floors building, Library and the office of Pondok Pustaka located on the ground floor and Museum on the 1st and 2nd floors
5. Pondok Gedeh, meaning big cottage. This is a stadium for arranging Pencak Silat ambing-tions and any other various activities. This stadium can accommodate around 3.000 spec-tators.
6. Pondok Serbaguna, meaning multipurpose cottage. This is a place for holding meetings, seminars, symposiums etc., included wedding and anniversary celebration parties. This cottage can accommodate around 750 persons and is provided as a rented place.
7. Pondok Penginapan, meaning lodging cottage. This 4 floors building is a rented hotel which has 96 standard rooms and 40 VIP rooms. Office of the padepokan’s managers situated on the ground floor.
8. Pondok Meditasi, meaning meditation cottage. This cottage consists of 7 artificial caves situated behind the lodging cottage. The caves are provided for they who want to get deeply absorbed condition during their meditation to focus on health, fitness, mental and physical endurance, and Almighty Allah.
9. Mushola or the Moslem praying place. This is the place not only for Islamic praying, but also for Islamic religion lectures. This Mushola can accommodate around 100 persons.
Work units managing Padepokan Pencak Silat Indonesia, each of those ones led by a Head, consist of : the managing unit of Household Affairs, the managing unit of Lodge Cottage and Multi-purpose Cottage, the managing unit of Library and Museum Cottage, the managing unit of Stadium Cottage, the managing unit of Personnel Affairs, the managing unit of Finance Affairs and the Secretariat. All of those mentioned work units are subordinated to the Head of Padepokan Pencak Silat Indonesia, that is Rustadi Effendi. The address of Padepokan Pencak Silat Indonesia is : Jl. Taman Mini I, Jakarta 13560, phone and fax : 021-8416666, 021-8416011.